Let's try this again... I hit the wrong dang key... fat fingers & laptop keyboard don't always work together...

So after I did all the things listed below...

sudo find / -name 'libosgViewer*' produces the following results....

/usr/local/lib64/libosgViewer.so.48
/usr/local/lib64/libosgViewer.so
/usr/local/lib64/libosgViewer.so.2.6.1

My question is where to the libs/bins get put when 'make install' is done, and what do I need to put in my path(s)

Ed

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

OS: FC9 x86_64

I retrieved the source for OSG 2.6.1 as follows:

svn co
http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.1
OpenSceneGraph

then, I built and installed OSG as follows:

make; sudo make install;

I modified my .bashrc file, adding the following:

export PATH={$PATH}:/usr/local/share/OpenSceneGraph/bin

When I try to run osgviewer cow.osg, I get the following error:

osgviewer: error while loading shared libraries: libosgViewer.so.48: