HI Roger,

For most cases EyePoint and VIewPoint are one of the same thing.

The cases where EyePoint can be different from ViewPoint is when you
have a technique such as a local render to texture effect that has its
own local Camera and therefore eye point that it's subgraph will see,
but you want operations such as LOD transitions to consistent with
main Camera's rendering of the scene graph, so here the RTT Camera
subgraph can be told to inherit the main Camera's eye point as it's
view point rather than the local eye point.   One good example of this
in action is when you are doing shadow mapping and you want the shadow
map to taken from one position, but have the same LOD children viewed
as the main view.

Robert.