On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Robert Osfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Csaba,
>
> Given the provided details I don't  have enough to provide an clues to
> what might be up.
>
> Try different threading models to see what results you get.
>
> Also try the standard OSG examples to see if any of them hang.

Hi Robert,

The other threading models seem to work, and the osg camera example
works with CullThreadPerCameraDrawThreadPerContext too.
I wonder if the problem reported by Paul in the mail thread "Please
test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in prep for 2.7.3 dev release" may be
related to this one. I have been able to reproduce that with an older
nvidia driver, but since I upgraded to 177.80 osgcamera works ok.

If I read the code right, during a frame all threads enter through the
_startRenderingBarrier, then the cull threads do the work while the
matching draw threads are blocked, then finally the draw is done. The
way I see it, one of the draw threads is still blocked waiting for the
cull to happen. I'll try to add some more debug printouts, but I am
still open to ideas :)

--
Greets,
Csaba