Hi all,

    I am facing a problem in accessing the floating point texture within a
fragment shader. I have some 2D floating point array that I wish to access
within the Fragment Shader. For the purpose,
1. I have created an image with the pixel format GL_LUMINANCE and data type of
GL_FLOAT.
2. The Array data is copied to the Image data array.
3. The image is bound to a texture and this texture passed as uniform to the
Fragment Shader.

The output is a totally white screen.

However, if I modify the Pixel format to GL_RGBA and the datatype to
GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE and convert the values to integer and split the 4 bytes of
unsigned int into R,G,B,A, I am able to reconstruct the values within the
shader and process the fragment accordingly.

I am using nVidia Quadro Fx 4500 graphics card on Intel Xeon 5160 processor.

Please Guide

Regards

Harash.