Hi Mike,

Um... I guess you haven't read the thread about managing ten's of
thousands of osg::Box's yesterday....

So go read the last two days emails as a back ground.

In the case of sphere's I'd see if you can get away with point
sprites, if you can then this will be the most efficient way forward.
Personally I'd create a set of osg::Geometry containing as many points
as you have targets, or perhaps even just one to be lazy, and then use
point sprites to make this points/or textured targets.  Then just
update the positions of the points per frame when required.

Robert.