Hi Ed,

CompositeViewer and Viewer share much of their implementation, the
only key difference is that Viewer "is a" View, while CompositeViewer
has a list of Views.  All the event handling, camera manipulator and
scene graph setting is done a the View level so has identical API to
access.   This all makes porting between the two pretty straight
forward - and it's what I intended for osgViewer, that you can easily
swap stuff around later on.

Personally I'd just get used to using the Viewer class as it's a
little bit simpler, but have a look at the osgcompositeviewer and spot
the commonality with how you use the View, this will allow to spot how
you might migrate between the two if and when you need to later down
the line.

Robert.