Guys.

Please re-read the previous thread on this discussion.  Everything has
been said before, everything has be rehashed to death.  You are never
going to please everyone by going for a forum or by going for mailing
list only.   The only way to appease everyone is to have a system
where users can subscribe as a mailing list or visit a forum to
interact with the same materials in their own preferred way.

If such a system has been developed that is viable, and can import all
our mailman history, and we have expert volunteers that can make it
happen, i.e. do the work on the server, then great, but until that day
we'll be sticking with a Mailman based mailing list.

If you can't make such as system happen then please take heed I'm not
taking votes, migrating from a mailing list is not up for debate until
we have the above solution that deployable and we have the manpower to
make it happen.