Hi Ed,

You can share whole subgraphs as well as individual components.  I'd
recommend sharing StateSet/StateAttributes as much as possible to help
out with start sorting and lazy state updating.  Sharing Geometry is
next most important, then if you can share Geometry you could share
vertex arrays or the VBO's attached to them.

Robert.