Steffen,

Are you still going via collada? Unfortunately I know nothing about the
Collada import route and how it handles lights defined in a model file.

Does the same thing happen with only one light? I suspect that OpenGL is
just (correctly) adding up all the contributions from the various lights you
have and consequently saturating the output.

David