OK, I think I undertand it better now conceptually. What confused me
was that two different cameras draw on the same area if both were
enabled. I only thought one camera could be enbled at the time for the
same area.

Just a quick question (I will test more systematically tomorrow). I
tried to use the code in osgcompositeviewer that run with flag -1 and
use it in my GLUT application (just using one view). But the events
does not seem to get to the trackball manipulator. So do I have to do
something special to get this to work for GLUT (it seems I have done
the same thing as in the example code but it does not work...).

So if I have more than one camera active will the mouse events go to
all the cameras? If just one camera is active will the events only go
to that camera?

"Robert Osfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Tommy,
>
> Sharing a single window between multiple views is demonstated in the
> osgcompositeviewer example - you simply assign the same GraphicsWindow
> to the Camera's in each of the Views.   You change views you can stop
> the viewer threads and then add/remove views you need then restart the
> threading, this will drop a few frames though due to stopping/start of
> threads.  The other way is to switch off the rendering of the view by
> setting its Camera's NodeMask to 0x0 to disable it.
>
> Robert.
>
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Tommy Persson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to have one Window (with possibility to use more) and be
> > able to switch between different "views". One shoud be a trackball
> > manipulator. And there is also a set of NodeTrackerManipulators wich
> > follows different helicopters.
> >
> > I tried to do this with just Viewer but had trouble to remember the
> > state of the NodeTrackerManipulators and the TrackballManipulators. So
> > I thought the CompositeViewer was the right approach but I cannot find
> > how to use it with one Window and switching between views.
> >
> > So am I on the wrong track or have I just missed som dokumentation or
> > code example? What I am looking for is an example of how to set up
> > CompositeView using one Window (using Glut) and creating a set of
> > views with different camera maipulators.
> >

> > --
> > /Tommy Persson

/Tommy Persson