Hi Csaba et. al,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Csaba Halász <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have run it with mesa in a nested x server, no hangs. After each
> added view, however, I got a single "Warning: detected OpenGL error
> 'invalid operation' after RenderBin::draw(,)" message (ie. *not* every
> frame). Don't know if that is relevant.
>
> Also, the software rendering might be too slow to produce the problem.
> Anybody got some further suggestions?

One thought I have about the a possible failure mode is that perhaps
one graphics context thread is hanging or crashing, and the rest of
the threads succeed rendering their frame and get all the way to the
barrier at the end of the frame.  This would result is stack traces
where all but one would be hanging on a barrier.

if this is correct then the issue is about finding out why one of the
graphics threads fails.  It could be an OpenGL object management
issue, and the invalid operations might be an early warning of this.
The fact that problems exists across many machines with quite
different OS/hardware/drivers strongly suggests an OSG bug, and that
the rest of the variables are just co-incidence.

I think the best lead would be that perhaps the texture object/display
lists buffer_value containers aren't being resized to fit the new
number of contexts which the app is running single threaded.  In
theory addView should be stopping all threads, and then issuing the
Node::resizeGLObejcts() on the scene graph so handling this situation,
but perhaps this isn't happening.