Hi Robert,

For gentoo package it's nice to be able to setup option in the cmakelists.txt then i can add option on the package to select module to compile and install. It's already the case so i dont need more. In my opinion the main issue is windows, I tried to build an openscenegraph environment on windows, and it's not as easy. The dependencies are to be rebuild if not up to date (i get visual express edition 9 and not binary are available), so i get the work from mike on the svn but not works out of the box. More work are needed to make it work out of the box. And i suppose that most of people do it, and this work is not shared and commited somewhere.

Maybe someone could be responsible to store build of dependancies on a svn or other for differents version of osg and visual
or other compilator.

Cheers,
Cedric

Sukender wrote:
Hi Robert,

As a Windows user (and Linux too, but I definitively don't have enough time),
I'd like to tell that dependencies are somtimes a pain. I easily come to
trouble with versions confilcts (When using a lib in an app that already exists
in a OSG plugin, such as libcurl).

And about deployement of binaries, I think some people should be *explicitly*
assigned to compilation/deployment of a specific binary set. My idea is that a
kind of chart should be maintained (maybe by you?) that indicates sets to be
compiled. These sets should indicate:
- platform
- compiler
- OSG version (Stable or developper release)
- dependencies versions
- and various options.
Each set would be assigned to one or more people (the first one that compiled
the set uploads it to the server). Does it sound right for you?
Of course, these sets are to be discussed...

For me, the set I compile looks like:
- Win32
- VC8 SP1
- All stable OSG releases + some developper releases
- Dependencies found in
https://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/osgtoy/3rdParty/branches/3rdParty_win32binaries_vs80sp1
- Libs: Freetype, giflib, jpeg, png, tiff, zlib. All OSG wrappers. All plugins
available with given dependencies. All exemples and applications. Release and
Debug configurations only.
(The resulting dir is >1GB, >100MB when 7Zip'ed)

I'd like to help as much as I can for OSG 2.8, just tell me if you want some
things to be tested under Windows.

Sukender