Hi Can,

On 30/11/08 9:59 PM, Can T. Oguz wrote:
Thanks everybody. I'm so glad that you've shared a couple of minutes to guide
me. As an
IDE addict (MSVC), I'm right about to make some tough decisions such as moving
on to
Linux. I was thinking of Eclipse CDT but now I think I'm going to end up with
the good
old command line. Regards, Can

Don't discount Linux IDEs straight away. Sometimes you just stick with what you know for lack of incentive or time (and it definitively takes time to evaluate another editor or a full-fledged IDE).

Although I'm one of the vim/gdb/cmdline crowd I sometimes wish that something like MSVC was available for Linux; IMHO it's the only Microsoft product they got right and that I would consider taking to a deserted island (but apparently it's the managed languages where it really shines).

Cheers,
/ulrich