Hi Loïc,

textures do not always exist completely on their own. I have been bitten by GL_MODULATE myself a few times where my textures were darker than I expected.

Have a look at this:
http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/texture.htm

21.030 Why doesn't lighting work when I turn on texture mapping?

So you could try:
1) As Robert suggested, add a colorarray and make it all white.
2) If you don't need colorarray, add a default color for whole geom.
3) Investigate other texture modes, eg GL_DECAL or GL_REPLACE.

jp

Simon Loic wrote:
I apologize in advance if I'm saying something silly, but the geometries concerned have a texture attached. Should they still have a colorarray defined? What should be this colorArray then?

Thanks a lot Robert.

PS: Just so you know, my first name is Loïc.