Hi all,

The class osg::TextureRectangle seems to be using an OpenGL extension,
which is not supported in all OpenGL implementations. Unfortunately, it
seems that osg::TextureRectangle checks for support of these extensions
only when the texture is being applied (in TextureRectangle::apply),
i.e. when it is already too late.

Is there a way to check in advance whether osg::TextureRectangle is
supported, so that an application can decide whether to use
osg::TextureRectangle or an alternative texture class (such as
osg::Texture2D)?

An obvious solution is to test if the required OpenGL extension is
supported. If this is the only way to determine if osg::TextureRectangle
is supported, then what is the preferred way of checking for OpenGL
extensions in OSG? I know about osg::isGLExtensionSupported, which is
used in TextureRectangle::apply, but I don't know where to get an OpenGL
context handle such that the information returned by
osg::isGLExtensionSupported actually applies to the OpenGL
implementation which might later be used by TextureRectangle::apply. The
documentation also seems to be unclear about this. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

Florian