Hi all -- I recently did a scratch install of WinXP Pro on my laptop, and
was (once again) bitten by osgdb_curl dependency on wldap32.lib.

After installing the operating system, I installed Visual Studio 2005
Standard Edition, and accepted all the defaults. When building OSG,
everything built fine except for osgdb_curl, which could not find
wldap32.lib. This file was not installed as part of the Visual Studio 2005
installation.

To resolve this issue, I did two things:

1. I downloaded and installed "MS Windows SDK for MS Server 2008". Anyone
should be able to find where to download this by doing a web search. This is
a huge download / install, so plan accordingly.

2. In the VS GUI, open Tools > Options. Then open Projects and Solutions >
VC++ Directories, and select Library files from the "Show Directories For"
menu. Add this directory to the list:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Lib

I hope this info will help others who might encounter this issue in the
future, though from reading posts by others it sounds like it's not an issue
with VS 2008.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com <http://www.skew-matrix.com/>