Hi Roland,

This sounds like a bug in the various image plugins don't detecting a
pixel format that don't support.

The file name extension for compressed files really should be .dds,
but this isn't under the control plugins as you could load an .rgb
file then compress the image at runtime, but still the original file
that source it was an .rgb and this compression code doesn't have an
reason to change this, nor would it even know what to change it to,
this is really an app specific issue. If osgconv has been used to do
the compression then perhaps there is a case for it to do the
compression then change the extension of images that have been
compressed.

Robert.