On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 19:33 +0100, Simon Loic wrote:
> Ok forget about it it was a problem of -fPic flag in the compilation
> of some libraries.
> The next step is to make osg framerate constant in order to get smooth
> videos. If I undertood well what was said before this consists in
> rewriting the Mainloop of the viewer. I'll try this soon.

It's much easier if you're using an NVidia card! :) Here are two bash
functions I wrote to help:

# Run an OpenGL application with antialiasing.
function __fsaa() {
        if [ -z "${*}" ]; then
                echo -e "usage: fsaa NUM CMDLINE\n"
                echo -e "\t0 = FSAA disabled"
                echo -e "\t1 = 2x Bilinear Multisampling"
                echo -e "\t2 = 2x Quincunx Multisampling"
                echo -e "\t3 = FSAA disabled"
                echo -e "\t4 = 4x Bilinear Multisampling"
                echo -e "\t5 = 4x Gaussian Multisampling"
                echo -e "\t6 = 2x Bilinear Multisampling 4x SS"
                echo -e "\t7 = 4x Bilinear Multisampling 4x SS"
                echo -e "\t8 = 4x Bilinear Multisampling 2x SS\n"

                return 1

        else
                local MODE="${1}"

                shift 1

                eval "__GL_FSAA_MODE=${MODE} ${*}"
        fi
}

# Run an OpenGL application with vsync enabled.
function __glsync() {
        eval "__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 ${*}"
}

Once you've added these to your bashrc, you can do something like this:

        # __glsync osgviewer

...or...

        # __fsaa 4 __glsync osgviewer

The general idea is to export the __GL_* variables properly. :)