Is there any way to disable VSYNC inside OSG?

I need a way to enable and disable vsync on my program with out using the
nvidia driver override or environmental variables. The Nvidia Driver settings
for Vsync should be set to "Use the 3D application setting"
I seem to remember that i was able to do that in previous versions of OSG when
i was still using producer, I remember getting fps in the hundreds, but now i
only get what ever my screen refresh rate is. After the removal of producer, i
lost the ability to have vsync control.

Any help would be appreciated,

MS

http://osgforum.tevs.eu/viewtopic.php?p=4528#4528