Hi Paul,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Paul Martz <pma...@skew-matrix.com> wrote:
> ?? Please go back and read his original problem report. If the VS8 libraries
> weren't compatible with VS9, this doesn't explain why CMake can't find them.
> :-)

Yes I spotted it the minute later. Sorry about that.

> As it turns out, Mike VS8 libraries work great with VS9. I have two systems
> in the office here with VS9 Express and Mike's VS8 binaries. Not only did
> CMake find them, but the libraries work fine at runtime (osgviewer stats
> display uses the FreeType plugin without a problem). I'm not sure I'd ship a
> product with this compiler mix, but it works fine for development purposes.

It is very strange how this works on some system and some don't.
What's sure is that many haven't got the same luck as you :-) It could
be related to experience with the studio or development experience but
I'm not sure At least it's easier to say "try this zip instead" than
"We recognize your problem but we are not really sure about the
solution, you may need to compile the dependencies yourself"

As a side note Mike's llibraries worked fine for me to but then I
needed to deliver. This was when he number of posts of "can't load
fonts/arial.ttf"/"can't find osgdb_freetype"/"the freetype plugin
isn't compiled" was at it's peak, so I just didn't dare to ship with
Mike's libraries.

Mattias