On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Luigi Calori <l.cal...@cineca.it> wrote:

> Philip Lowman ha scritto:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Luigi Calori <l.cal...@cineca.it<mailto:
>> l.cal...@cineca.it>> wrote:
>>
> Findosg just finds "libosg.so" and "osg.lib".  Similarly FindosgDB just
>> finds "libosgDB.so" and "osgDB.lib".  FindOpenSceneGraph orchestrates
>> calling all of these small find modules.  And yes, I've put a warning note
>> in Findosg.cmake to steer the new user to FindOpenSceneGraph.cmake.  We
>> can't dramatically change the behavior of Findosg.cmake, again, for
>> backwards compatibility reasons.  CMake aspires towards 0 user build
>> regressions on version upgrades both in Source/ and in Modules/
>>
> I do not know how much are the single Findosg<component> used compared to
> FindOpenSceneGraph, if there are many, than compatibility issues are
> important, otherwise probably not..

It's impossible to tell.  I know of at least three projects that use them.

If you'd like to make FindOpenSceneGraph work so that it only needs to
depend on Findosg_functions.cmake I would be fine with that provided that if
it encounters a node-kit it doesn't know about that it falls back on calling
find_package(Findosg<Kit>.cmake).  This might be a happier solution for
everyone.

--
Philip Lowman