David,

I'll just chime in for the record to echo Robert's correct assessment --
osgEarth uses osgTerrain under the hood, and osgTerrain solves the precision
issue by localizing each tile at each level of detail with a
double-precision matrix.

Glenn Waldron : Pelican Mapping : http://pelicanmapping.com :
+1.703.652.4791