Hi all,

This is not directly OSG related, but since many here know Creator very well I presume, I thought I'd ask.

I have a model which the modeler has scaled, and as we can expect it exhibits the classic symptom that the normals were scaled as well - lighting is wrong. In Creator I can click the "show normals" button and I can see that some normals are markedly shorter than others.

I can't seem to find any tool for "normalizing" the normals in Creator though. There's the "Attruibutes - Calculate Shading" tool that lets me recalculate the normals, but even this doesn't seem to normalize them.

If I use osgconv to convert the model to .osg, and add a stateset with GL_NORMALIZE ON on the root node in the file, then the shading is correct. So I know this is the problem. I'd just like to know what to tell our modeler so he can fix the model directly instead of using GL_NORMALIZE or the osgUtil::SmoothingVisitor (I'd like to avoid extra steps). And it would seem a rather glaring omission if Creator scaled normals when scaling a model, but didn't give you a tool to renormalize them afterwards (or even renormalized them automatically - gasp!). Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,

J-S