On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:38:35 +0100, Robert Osfield <robert.osfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

You can only compile OpenGL objects form the thread with the context
current.  The easist way to do this would be to just use the existing
osgViewer::Renderer::setCompileOnNextDraw(true) functionality on all
your active cameras.  You can get the renderer by doing:

Thanks for your advice!

I looked in the osgViwer::Renderer code. And it seems that the entire sceneview is compiled in osgViewer::Renderer::compile().

In my scenario, I first load a huge database. Then during the simulation, I load smaller objects and add them to my existing scene graph.

I was just wondering if it is an overkill to compile the entire sceneview for each smaller object that I load during runtime. Wouldn't it be enough to only compile my added objects, before I add them to my existing scene graph?

--
Joakim Simonsson