From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Ernesto
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 12:02 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] Troubles building osg_Freetype plugin

Hi

I give up for the moment of building OSG with MinGW32 and decided to use
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 (I'm using a low resources of hardware but
OSG goes OK). I have compiled OSG but some plugins didn't compile for
example the freetype plugin don't get linked because MSVS linker raises me
the following
> Building Custom Rule
D:/Installers/libraries/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0/OpenSceneG
raph/src/osgPlugins/freetype/CMakeLists.txt
> CMake does not need to re-run because CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is
up-to-date.
> Compiling...
> ReaderWriterFreeType.cpp
> FreeTypeLibrary.cpp
> FreeTypeFont3D.cpp
> FreeTypeFont.cpp
> Generating Code...
> Linking...
> FreeTypeFont3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_FT_Outline_Get_BBox referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall
FreeTypeFont3D::init(void)" (?i...@freetypefont3d@@IAEXXZ)

D:\Installers\libraries\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneG
raph\build\bin\Debug\..\osgPlugins-2.8.0\osgdb_freetyped.dll : fatal error
LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

> Build log was saved at
"file://d:\Installers\libraries\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0\Op
enSceneGraph\build\src\osgPlugins\freetype\osgdb_freetype.dir\Debug\BuildLog
.htm"
> Plugins freetype - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>     Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

I have downloaded the 3rdParty dependencies form here
(http://www.openscenegraph.org/downloads/dependencies/Windows/VisualStudio7/
3rdParty_Win32binaries_2005_05_10.zip).

If somebody knows how to solve this problem i'll be very grateful

greetings

SirErnest