Thrall, Bryan wrote:
Paul Melis wrote on Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:33 AM:

Hi,

While trying to debug a collegue's code that uses a dynamically
updated
color array on a Geometry that uses VBOs I'm getting confused about
VBO
support in OSG 2.8.
Given the attached simple .osg file (a single colored quad, flagged to
not use display lists, but to use VBOs) I can see with an OpenGL
tracer
(bugle) that no VBO is actually used on my nvidia FX5200 system. The
quad is simply drawn using glVertex() and friends. Are there
limitations
to when VBOs can be used? And, if so, is there a way to have OSG
loudly
complain when a request for VBOs can not be satisfied?

Similarly, the attached c++ test case is more in line with our
original
code. It uses a color array that is updated each frame. The array is
flagged as dirty with a call to dirty(), but here also, no VBOs seem
get used.

Regards,
Paul

PS glxinfo reports GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object is supported, OpenGL
version is 2.1.0 NVIDIA 96.43.01

Binding PER_PRIMITIVE forces OSG out of fast path rendering, so I don't
think it can use VBOs. Using OVERALL or PER_VERTEX instead allowed VBOs
on my system.
DANG! That's it, thanks...

Paul