Ümit Uzun wrote:
Hi All,

I have an model and this model has kind of parts. I am not a modeler so this question might be so stupid :) Before I have read the model and find all parts by nodeVisitor and recreate the scenegraph in parent-child mode and then I have manipulate all transformation in inheritance. I mean when I rotate some part, the other childs rotate too.

But when I directly read 3DS model and not recreate the scene graph the parent-child relation doesn't exist on graph although I have already regenerate the model on 3DMAX in parent-child mode as you can see from the attached image.

At this point, Can't we read 3ds model which organized parent-child mode directly and create our scene graph in this mode or not? I can't achieve this relation between model's parts.

I think 3ds is just a geometry format, and doesn't have support for hierarchical models (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). Probably the best way to get what you need to get the OSGExp plugin for 3ds MAX, and export the model directly as a .ive file.

If you have the COLLADA-DOM set up for OSG, you could also try exporting from 3ds MAX to a COLLADA (.dae) file.

--"J"