Hi Ren,

Perhaps we could put the orignal filename into the ReaderWriter::Options
passed to the gz plugin to help it get over this hurdle.  This will require
tweaks of the curl + gz plugins to enable this.

The other route would be to get the .ive plugin itself to compress itself
using it's own inbuilt zlib support.  Then you'd be able to just use the
aa.ive directly.  To compress you can do:

 osgconv myfile.ive compressedfile.ive -O compressed

Robert.