Hi All,

I have just tagged the OpenSceneGraph-2.8.1-rc1, which is a bug/build fix
release of OpenSceneGraph-2.8.0 that remains binary compatible with 2.8.0.

I've put up a quick attempt and news item for it:

    http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/News/Press/OSG2.8.1

You can download the source tarball from the OSG download page:

   http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads

Updates between 2.8.1 and 2.8.0 releases include:

   - Build fixes under FreeBSD and IBM AIX
   - Crash fixes in osg::State and osg::Geometry
   - Bug fixes to :
      - draw instanced support
      - Optimizer - MergeGeometryVisitor, RemoveLoadedProxyNodesVisitor and
      SpatializeGroupsVistor
      - hdr image loader
      - handling of opacity maps in 3ds loader
      - dxf loader
      - frame buffer object
      - cursor/event handling in windows
      - windows threading
      - memory leak in Collada loader
      - fixes to display lists/vbo creation that prevent crash under ATI
      drivers
      - osgconv --formats under OSX

I'd appreciate build and runtime testing, fingers crossed everything will go
smoothly and we can then get to the task of updating the binaries.

Thanks in advance for your help on testing.