From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Sébastien
Guay
Sent: Wednesday 22 April 2009 18:06
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Public ffmpeg plugin testing streams

Hello Tanguy,

> The osgFFmpeg plugin was written with a file source in mind. By default when
> it encounters an EOF, it will either loop the video or stop playing
> (depending on the ImageStream settings).
> This behaviour may probably be incorrect with streaming sources.

Yes, seems so, it would need to wait and try again later... Interesting
you didn't mention this earlier, I've been saying that it stopped after
15-20 seconds of streaming and asking if someone knew why... Oh wait,
are you not on osg-submissions? That discussion was there.

Where is that code located? I looked around but didn't find it, perhaps
I was looking wrong :-)

> As you said, one needs to dive further into FFmpeg API to really understand
> what is really happening.

Yeah, that's what's killing me. I really want this to work, but without
knowing ffmpeg more I'm really grasping at straws...

Thanks,

J-S