Hello Paul,

My understanding was that the skyDome centre would always be the camera eye point

There's a big problem with that assumption. It means that the horizon will follow the camera, and thus if, in your application, the camera can be high off the ground (for example a flight sim) then the horizon of the skydome will look like it's above the ground. The sun will look like it's still high up in the sky when it sets.

Personally, I place the skydome at the (x,y) center of the scene's bounding sphere, with z=0, and with a radius that encompasses the scene. I am also doing special things to avoid this:

Trying to set the skyDomeRadius to some massive figure just introduces culling problems.

(see the "Geometry considered in near+far plane auto computation" thread, I'll post new details soon, I've got a better solution working just before leaving work yesterday)

J-S