I asked a similar question to this several months ago...

I'm looking to "average" several frames together, however, this time I want to
average discrete frames. That is, I want to average, for example, the first X
frames and then display the results and then average the next X frames and
display the results where X might change while running.  I want to do an
"update" traversal for each of the X frames to move my players as we are doing
the averaging.

I am using shaders and am rendering to a texture.

Would I need to setup Y camera (where Y is the maximum frames to average > X),
and do a multple pass rendering ping ponging the rendering texture. I would
then need to switch off all Cameras >X and <Y. Then in my shaders I would need
to take the output and divide by X and add to the "running average" texture.

Is there an easier way??  Would osgPPU help?

Any help (before I make a mess of my current code) is greatly appreciated.

Paul P.