Hi Guy,

To further expand on J-S suggestions, there are four ways of doing
HUDs, Camera in a scene graph, a slave Camera in the Viewer, an
separate View in a CompositeViewer or as a Camera attached to the
GraphicsWindow.  There is an osghud example illustrates the first
three of this options.   The on screen stats and help event handlers
built into osgViewer demonstate a hud in the GraphicsWindow.

Robert.