Hi Robert,

Thanks for that clarification, as my understanding of where nodes should be
added and removed was exactly backwards.  I did paraphrase my code extensively,
because there was a lot of unrelated code - but I guess I didn't include
enough. I went to create a simpler example using osgcompositeviewer as a
starting point, when I noticed that it is doing exactly the same thing that I
am trying to, only in the handle() function of osgaGA::GUIEventHandler, which
is called during the event traversal of frame(). When you said it's best to
avoid modifying the scenegraph during a traversal, did that specifically mean
the Update Traversal, when NodeCallbacks are called, and that modifications in
event callbacks are OK?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Brian