From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Riccardo
Corsi
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:21 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Problem with drawInstanced

Hi Robert,

that's it, with 2.8.1 it works like a charm!

I have one more concern about the performance boost though.
When I do instance a thousand of the box I attached in the previous email, I
have very good performance until they are at a certain distance from the
camera.
When they get closer, I start to drop frames.

I added the stats handler to check on possible causes, and the culprit seems
to be the draw time - which explodes when the objects get closer to the
camera.
Check the attached screenshots.

Also GPU time increases, but that's probably due to a poor fill-rate of my
graphics board - and it's not as killing as the draw time.

What does it depend on?

Thank you,
Ricky