Hi Mathias,

Mathias Fröhlich schrieb:

> On Friday 29 May 2009, Stephan Maximilian Huber wrote:
>> I am facing a problem with atomic operations and CMake and OS X. If I
>> configure CMake to compile against the 10.4 SDK I'll get compile errors
>> in OpenThreads/Atomic.cpp, because CMake decided to use
>> _OPENTHREADS_ATOMIC_USE_BSD_ATOMIC which is only valid when compiling
>> against the 10.5 SDK. The cmake-test succeeds because I am on a
>> 10.5-system, but I want to compile osg against 10.4 so the libs are
>> usable there too.

> That means that the test for the BSD features is not complete!
> At the time I did that initial patch, the configure test included all
> functions we really need. At a later time there were some additional
> functions added, but the test was not extended as far as I see.
> So we might change the cmake test code to something that really tests what is
> required. Then you would get the mutex fallback.

I think the test is ok (it fails on 10.4 correctly, for 10.4 there are
IMHO No atomic operators), but for my scenario (compiling on 10.5 for
10.4-target) brings up this error, because the test picks the system
headers and not the headers defined for the target SDK. ( the
sdk-setting specifies prefix-path for all include-paths, so you can
compile your sources for different os-versions)

> Anyway, is there any chance to back port the current code that to the 10.4
> sdk, so that you get that atomic stuff?
> With the atomic operations osg is noticable faster.
>
>> To rephrase: This is only a problem, when I am on a 10.5 system, and I
>> want to compile against the 10.4 sdk. On a 10.4 system, the CMake-test
>> will fail.
>>
>> So is there a way to force this setting via CMake? Or use the chosen SDK
>> when compiling the atomic-test? I tried some stuff, but didn't succeed.
> Currently not.
>
>> (I can edit Openthreads/Config per hand, but it seems errorprone)
> Then you need to make sure that cmake does not rewrite that file.

If I set the readonly-flag for Openthreads/include/Config, CMake will
throw an error :(

I'll try the patch from Alberto,

Thanks again,
Stephan