On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Chris Denham <c.m.den...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> I think the thing that still puzzles me though is this:
> Why can't an event be processed on receipt of the event instead of putting
> it in a queue for processing at the next event traversal?

I once tried to do something similar like this. I use a C++ TUIO
client library from reacTIVison [1] to build a multitouch application.
The library spawns a new thread to receive input from a multitouch
device. I originally processed the events immediately when they arrive
and then made some modifications to the scene graph. But, my
application crashed many times and it was very difficult to track the
problem since the error started from OSG part, not my application.
Then, I tried to buffer the incoming events and process them before I
call Viewer's frame(). As a result, now my application works fine and
never experience the same problem again.

[1] http://reactivision.sourceforge.net/

--
Iang-
http://fajran.web.id y!m: fajran