From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of
brettwiesner
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 12:00 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] Is clearing the nodemasks on loaded data a bad
practice?

Hi,

We use nodemasks in our scenegraph to do things like figure out what can
be picked, what can be shadowed, etc. When we load data most of the time
the nodes come in with masks of 0xffffffff. Occasionally we get an .ive
or .osg file that has some other value set in the nodemask. We are going
to reset these values under the admonition "it's our scenegraph. we
control those bits". If we leave them alone we have to figure out
another way to do picking, shadows, etc.

So my question... is this bad practice?

Thanks,
Brett