Hi Seb,

Do multipass you simple add your subgraph into the overall scene graph
multiple times and on each branch your assign a StateSet that sets the
rendering details that you want for that pass.  The OSG's ability to
support multiple parents for for nodes to have their own StateSet make
it possible to do multiple pass with a static scene graph so there is
no need for on the fly changes in state.

See the osgscribe example for a very simple example of multipass.
Also look at osgprerender and other render to texture examples for
more advanced multi-pass.

Robert.