Jason,

Jason Daly wrote:
> Cory Riddell wrote:
>> I wrote the background scene to an osg file and the viewer displays it
>> correctly. So now I know the problem must be with my camera settings or
>> something else external to the scene. Any suggestions?
>>

> Try putting the text in a different render bin, with a higher number
> than the background.  The background should be defaulting to bin 0, so
> try this:
>
> text->setRenderBinDetails(1, "DefaultBin");
>
> If you're still not seeing the text, then it's probably failing the Z
> test, and you need to push your background farther away (or you could
> disable the Z test on your text).

Thanks for your suggestsions. The render bin didn't help, but the z test
did. I added these lines:

  // make sure the text always draws
  osg::StateSet* stateSet = text->getOrCreateStateSet();
  stateSet->setMode(GL_DEPTH_TEST, osg::StateAttribute::OFF);

and I was still not seeing anything. Then I set the text position to be
(0,0,0) rather than (0,0,1) and everything started working. I'm not sure
why putting the text slightly above the background plane was causing
problems. Thankfully, all seems to be working now.

Cory