robertosfield wrote:
> HI Brent,
>
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Brent
> Gulanowski<> wrote:
>
> > I see. However, it seems counter-intuitive to me to use an automated tool
> > to generate project files meant primarily to be read and processed by
> > Xcode, for human users. Why not just generate build file formats themselves
> > designed for automated processing? Xcode is a user tool.
> >

> Um.... you are a little short of grasping just how powerful CMake is...

I wasn't questioning the power of cmake. But it's beside the point.

I just want to read the source code using Xcode. Whether the project file is
human or machine-built ultimately makes zero difference to me, as long as it
doesn't throw Xcode into conniptions. If the auto-generated project file
doesn't exhibit the annoying behaviour I'm experiencing, then it's a win for me.

As I prefer to work in Xcode, I'd like if the project also built from Xcode and
I could run it normally from there, and stuff like that, but that's another
story. I just really wanted to know if anyone else saw the issues I was
experiencing. But since it seems almost no-one else is using that project, it's
unlikely they'll have experienced those issues.

I can build the frameworks, plug-ins and examples fine now, so as long as I
don't open the header files (or I solve the problem in some other way, either
by making my own projects or by using a cmake-generated one that somehow
magically doesn't have the problem), I can live with that.

The only question I have now is, can I generate xcode project with cmake using
the 2.8.1 distribution, or do I have to get it all from the repo? And is there
a set of instructions for running cmake? I don't intend to learn how to use it
right now.

Thanks,

Brent