Hi Robert,

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Cory Riddell<c...@codeware.com> wrote:

Does anybody see less than 100% CPU utilization when running osgviewer
cow.osg on an ATI card? I had just been accepting that as normal.

100% CPU is not normal at all.

Yikes! I think there must be something seriously wrong with my system then.

I updated my video drivers to the latest this morning and enabled vsync. Enabling vsync sent my framerate from 1200 fps to 15 fps! Vsync on or off made no difference on the cpu load- I always have 100% utilization on one core.

I have a FireGL V7700 with 512 MB of RAM. I'm running the 8.603 drivers on quad core XP Pro machine. My one-and-only monitor is a 24" Dell panel at 1920x1200.

I turned vsync back off. With it on, my cow looked like it was being rotated by a stepper motor.

If you or anybody else has troubleshooting suggestions, I would be very happy to hear them.

Cory