Alena,

As Jason wrote, make sure you are building in Release mode (edit: I just saw your reply to Jason. Everything needs to be built in Release mode. Debug & Release won't mix, and you won't find Debug DLL's on a machine without Visual Studio installed)

Also, there are two Visual C++ 2005 redistributable packages (original & SP1). You will need to install the one that matches your VS version.

Finally, I think the root of the error is a manifest issue. The manifest information in some DLL(s) is pointing to a side-by-side installation that isn't there. Copying DLL's and/or using Dependency Walker for Visual Studio 2005 & newer may not give you the information you're looking for, nor will it solve a missing manifest issue.

Good luck!

-Todd