Hi all -- I've finally had a chance to review the ShaderGen code. If I understand correctly, this was added as a step towards eventual support for OpenGL 3. However, I'm surprised by the OpenGL 2 / GLSL 1.20 nature of the shader code, specifically the extensive dependency on built-in uniforms and predefined vertex attributes that were deprecated with OpenGL 3 / GLSL 1.30 -- even use of ftransform().

Was the author assuming the code would be ported to OpenGL 3 / GLSL 1.30 in the future? Or was the author assuming that the host would set up uniforms and vertex attributes with names identical to the old GLSL 1.20 uniform and vertex attribute names (that would be a mistake in my opinion, as uniforms and vertex attributes starting with "gl_" are reserved)? Or have a simply misunderstood the point of this code?

Thanks.
--

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC