Hi Chris,

The current design of osgViewer is for a single viewer to have a
single frame loop, and in your case you fall out this.  One possible
solution would be to have two separate viewers, each running their own
frame when required - you can't mix scene graphs or graphics contexts
in this case though.  The other route is node masks as you have done,
but this won't disable the swap buffers of the associate contexts - do
to the later one would need to modify the
CompsiteViewer::renderingTraversals() method to enable the disable of
a window.

Potentially we could evolve osgViewer to support the disabling of
windows so that all the cameras on it wouldn't rendering and no swap
buffers would be issued.  Disabling cameras from updating where the
window/context is a bit more awkward though as you'd need to rendering
to the back buffer and front buffer of the camera to be disabled
before you can fully disable it, otherwise you'd end up with black
hole where the camera was.

Robert.