Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to bite the bullet and do as you suggested. The list of dependencies aren't really all that bad.

Cory

Tomlinson, Gordon wrote:
Hi

In there wisdom MS decided it would be a good idea to use different CRT
( for C++ in debug use different memory allocators and dealocators ,
they through a lot of debug memory padding etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
doing a Google will bring up lots of reference material on this.
( this is typically no an issue on UNIX and Linux systems, dang I miss
IRIX ...... ). If an app was purely link with C lib its not an issues

Most of the OSG 3rd party requirements are typically built with C++ so
you need to ensure they are build with the same CRT and settings. Things
like libJpeg, png, tiff, gdal, collada, xerces, proj4, libxml geos,
boost etc

While first time round it can take a little time to assemble your OSG
3rdparty sources and set them up, in the long run it is worth it ( at
least for me ), for a commercial application I need to know that all the
libraries I use meet  the standard build requirments, and the only way
to ensure that is to build them myself

Gordon
Product Manager 3d
Gordon Tomlinson