Yes, this is correct behavior. The UpdateVisitor doesn't waste time traversing the scene graph if there are no registered update callbacks.

Paul Martz
Skew Matrix Software LLC
http://www.skew-matrix.com
+1 303 859 9466

Eric Pouliquen wrote:
Hi All,

 I would like to be sure to understand the difference between :

 - Creating a NodeCallback and attach it to a Node
 - Re-Implementing locally the virtual "accept" method

 For example I saw that we can attach a NodeCallback as an UpdateCallback, and testing the other method, I implemented the "accept" method in a node heriting from osg::Group, and saw that the UpdateVisitor never call it, but the CullVisitor does... is it a correct behavior ?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Eric