Thanks but not really - then I can't use the new class in the scene graph.

The idea was to have a 'location' object in the scenegraph which is a PAT as
far as OSG is concerned but has methods which reflect the interface I'm used to
and fit the needs of my problem domain. That I can do with an Adapter derived
class

It looks like the only way is to have a set of converter functions.
Unfortunately the naming gets a bit complex because I have an osg::location
class and a my::location class with the same interface but different internals.

I think this is one of those areas where C++ falls behind Java or C#

Martin