Hi Pieree,

Pierre Bourdin (gmail) schrieb:
> Hi Serge,
> Le mardi 08 septembre 2009 à 09:27 +0200, Serge Lages a écrit :
>> Thank you Stephan, we've confirmed with our customer that it's a codec
>> problem and not in our side, so it's OK. As a side note, the QuickTime
>> plugin is really working like a charm compared to the other solutions
>> like FFmpeg, it's a real pleasure.

> Can you share a little bit more about the QuickTime Plugin ?
> Do you have some recommendation for using it ?

What do you want to know? It works - when compiled - out of the box, it
can handle various codecs (you can even play all codec ffmpeg can play
if you install Perian on Mac OS X)

> What is the *best* codec to use ?

Depends on your needs. If you want straight-forward playback then I
would recommend MP4, Sorenson or similar codecs.

If you want to have accurate frames for fast seeking, or play the movie
reverse then I would recommend FotoJPEG which is frame-accurate.

There are even some loss-less-codeecs from apple.

> Does it work well with mpg format (mpgv for vidéo, mpga  for audio) ?

AFAIK they work well, I don't know on windows, but on Mac, yes. With the
quicktime plugin you should be able to play every movie, the
quicktime-player can open and display.

> On which plate-form are you using it ?

I am using it on Mac OS X and Windows.

> I think it is not available on Linux ?