Hi Chris,

The ImageLayer is part of osgTerrain, and just wraps up an osg::Image
with geospatial coords to place it in the correct place on the
terrain.  At runtime osgTerrain actually creates an osg::Texture2D for
each ImageLayer, but this is not something that is saved to disk, as
the ImageLayer is sufficient for all of this.

VirtualPlanetBuilder now defaults to build osgTerrain::TerrainNode and
accompanying osgTerrain::ImagerLayers, but it's still possible to
force VPB to build osg::Geometry/osg::StateSet based databases by
using the --polygonal command line option in osgdem/vpbmaster.

As for adding support for exporting the image files in osgTerrain
databases written to .osg, or even .ive, this would sensible.

Robert.